Gryphon™ L GD4300
The Gryphon L GD4300 reader is the ‘high end’ Laser Technology product offering from Datalogic Scanning. Together with the QuickScan L QD2300 readers, they complete the QuickScan and Gryphon families regarding Laser Technology products. Between the Gryphon L GD4300 readers and the Gryphon I GD4100 readers, customers are provided with two choices of technology in the same Gryphon reader enclosure.
Powerful, reliable, easy to install and having great ergonomics, the Gryphon L GD4300 and the Gryphon I GD4100 readers are designed with the intent of satisfying the most demanding customer requirements of any application using General Purpose Linear Technology.
The Gryphon L GD4300 reader is very effective and fast reading. In fact, on EAN13/UPC 13 mil bar codes, this scanner reads from near zero to almost 50.0 cm / 19.7 in. The Gryphon L GD4300 reader is able to endure multiple drops from 1.8 m / 5.9 ft and also repeated shocks from short distances. Because of the renewed optics of this scanner which provides a scanning angle of 47°, the Gryphon L GD4300 reader is capable of reading wide bar codes from fairly short distances.
Outstanding robustness and IP rating protects the scanner from environmental agents making it suitable for light industrial applications, not severe or harsh environments. Additionally, the Gryphon L GD4300 reader provides the Datalogic patented Green Spot for good read feedback. This key feature is especially helpful when environments are under-lit or very noisy.
The QuickScan™ QS6000 Plus readers and the FireScan™ readers have been among the top bar code readers in the market, providing full guarantees along with top performance and quality products. With approximately one million of these units in the field, the Gryphon L GD4300 readers will face the challenge to replace and further enhance the Datalogic Scanning representation in the market. The QuickScan QS6000 Plus reader customer base represents a great chance to replicate the success of this product with the new Gryphon L GD4300 readers. These customers represent a great opportunity to rely on a huge customer base for replacement or extension of their existing installations.
The Gryphon L GD4300 reader is also equipped with unique and patented features. This will allow our internal and external sales force to use additional sales proposals in a different way than competitors by leveraging on differentiating factors and not just price.
Multiple Interfaces with Enhanced IBM Interface Connectivity
The Gryphon L GD4300 reader comes with two different interface models:
- A multi-standard interface for connection to the host via USB (COM and Wedge Emulation), RS-232, Keyboard Wedge and Wand Emulation
- An IBM 46XX interface model which also includes USB POS and RS-232 interfaces
To make the product more suitable for Retail Applications, Host Download capability is also available.
Unmatched ‘Good Read’ Feedback
The Gryphon L GD4300 reader along with the entire Gryphon family of readers provide the Datalogic patented Green Spot ‘good read’ feedback which represents an unsurpassed feature appreciated by its customers and is a tangible benefit when comparing this reader to the competition.
This unique and distinctive feature is not available on the FireScan readers or the QuickScan QS6000 Plus readers.
With a simple software change, the patented Green Spot technology can also work as a ‘Good Match’ feature providing feedback only when 2 identical bar codes match.
Reliability and Durability
The Gryphon L GD4300 reader offers a reliable package made up of the following features:
- Ruggedized Plastic/Rubber Enclosure – to protect against unlimited and repeated shocks
- Multiple 1.8 m / 5.9 ft Drop Resistance – industrial-like specs to ensure no down time in any condition
- IP52 Environmental Protection – protects against:
- Solid particles with dimensions to 1 mm = Dust
- Water drops = Light Rain
The Gryphon L GD4300 reader offers a 5-Year warranty to ensure a long protection period to the customers. The ‘replacement product factory warranty’ has been extended by 3 years, which provides greater value to customers and at the same time enhances the perception of a better quality product.
- 1D / Linear Codes
- Autodiscriminates all standard 1D codes including GS1 DataBar™ linear codes
- Postal Codes
- Stacked Codes
- GS1 DataBar Expanded Stacked
- GS1 DataBar Stacked
- GS1 DataBar Stacked Omnidirectional
- Operating (Typical)
185 mA @ 5 VDC
260 mA @ 5 VDC +/- 5%
- Standby/Idle (Typical)
- Input Voltage
4.5 - 14.0 VDC
4.75 - 5.25 VDC
- Ambient Light
- Drop Resistance
- Withstands repeated drops from 1.8 m / 5.9 ft onto a concrete surface
- ESD Protection (Air Discharge)
- Humidity (Non-Condensing)
- Particulate and Water Sealing
- 0 to 55 °C / 32 to 131 °F
- 20 to 70 °C / -4 to 158 °F
- RS-232 / IBM 46XX / USB Multi-Interface
- RS-232 / USB / Keyboard Wedge / Wand Multi-Interface
- Colors Available
- 18.1 x 7.1 x 10.0 cm / 7.1 x 2.8 x 3.9 in
- Light Source
- Print Contrast Ratio (Minimum)
- Read Rate (Maximum)
- Reading Angle
- Roll (Tilt)
- Skew (Yaw)
- Reading Indicators
- Beeper (Adjustable Tone and Volume)
- Datalogic 'Green Spot' Good Read Feedback
- Good Read LED
- Resolution (Maximum)
Reading Ranges - Typical Depth of Field
- Minimum distance determined by symbol length and scan angle.
- Printing resolution, contrast, and ambient light dependent.
- 5 mils
- 3.6 to 15.8 cm / 1.4 to 6.2 in
- 7.5 mils
- 3.0 to 25.0 cm / 1.2 to 9.9 in
- 10 mils
- 2.8 to 35.0 cm / 1.1 to 13.8 in
- 13 mils
- 2.2 to 47.5 cm / 0.9 to 18.8 in
- 20 mils
Safety & Regulatory
- Agency Approvals
- The product meets necessary safety and regulatory approvals for its intended use.
- The Quick Reference Guide for this product can be referred to for a complete list of certifications.
- Environmental Compliance
- Complies to China RoHS
- Complies to EU RoHS
- Laser Classification
- Caution Laser Radiation - Do not stare into beam
- CDRH Class II
- IEC 60825-1 Class 2
- Datalogic Aladdin™
- Datalogic Aladdin configuration program is available for download at no charge
- OPOS / JavaPOS
- OPOS Utilities are available for download at no charge
- Remote Host Download
- Lowers service costs and improves operations